Thinking about running your first 50k? Hoping to PR your next 100 miler? Did you just get peer-pressured by your friends into signing up for your local trail race?
As a UESCA Certified Ultrarunning Coach, I can help!
If you like what you see here, my services are available for coaching. I work individually with each athlete to develop a personalized training plan and blocks that will lead up to your “A” goal or race. I am a teacher by trade and an excellent listener as well. My training plans are not just write-it-and-forget-it endeavors. Rather, I will work closely with you and teach you how to listen to your own body, needs, and desires as you strive to reach your goals.
But don’t take it from me – here is a quote from one of my athletes:
“Working with Mat was inspiring, educational, and a lot of fun.
Instead of following a generic online training program (like I have in the past), I connected with Mat before my trail marathon training started.
The personalized, dynamic training and ongoing feedback Mat provided gave me confidence that each workout was helping me to progress towards my goal, and I found that I enjoyed my runs much more as a result.
I keep a busy schedule and often need to shuffle workouts around. Mat kept the plan flexible so that I could hit my weekly goals without making too many (non-running) sacrifices.
I learned a lot about race training from Mat and can confidently say that I’m a smarter runner as a result.”J.V., December 2021
Services and Rates:
Coaching ($150 / month, $100 startup fee or 6 month commitment)
- A big picture training plan for your training blocks, working backwards from your “A” goal to make sure that you are adequately prepared both mentally and physically for peak performance
- A personalized daily training plan that includes specific workouts, runs, strength building and stretching. These are modified as we go on a week-by-week basis in response to your current status, fitness, fatigue, and life.
- Unlimited communication – emails and phone calls as needed to make sure that you are making progress and happy with your development.
- Weekly Preview Email – know what’s coming up for the week and where you should be focusing your efforts and recovery
- Assistance selecting races, events, and long term goals
- Assistance with equipment, gear, and strategy as you near your events
- Race day prep and debrief after the event
I use the Final Surge app to post your training plans and review data on the workouts. It’s super easy to use and can even automatically import your activities from Strava. There is a nice web portal as well as an App for iOS and Android.
Consultations ($80 / hour)
Sometimes you just need to talk to an expert for an hour and get as much information and advice as you can. I do consultations too! I have helped people with everything from planning a Tour du Mont Blanc multi-day trip to thinking through final preparations for their upcoming big race. I enjoy racing but my heart also lies in planning remote wilderness pushes and excursions. I’m here for you if you need advice or just another seasoned adventurer to bounce ideas off of and talk. My clients are usually surprised that they can get so much out of just a one hour conversation.